Contents of the Template
- Personal Details: Space to include your name, address, email, and phone number.
- Recipient Details: Designated sections for the recipient’s name, title, university name, and address.
- Introduction: A dedicated segment to express your interest in the specific position and where you found the job listing.
- Qualifications and Achievements: Bullet points to list down degrees, past experiences, publications, awards, or any other recognitions.
- Teaching Philosophy: A section to elaborate on your pedagogical approach and accomplishments in previous teaching roles.
- Research Contributions: Highlight your significant research endeavors, collaborations, and funding secured.
- Closing and Attachments: Concluding segment expressing excitement about potential collaborations, along with a mention of attachments like CV, teaching philosophy, research statement, and references.
Why Use This Template
- Streamlined Format: The template follows a structured layout ensuring a logical flow of information.
- User-friendly: Easily editable fields in the template make it convenient for individuals to personalize the content.
- Professional Design: Crafted with a formal tone and style suitable for academic institutions, enhancing the professionalism of your application.
- Complete: Incorporates all essential elements typically required for a professor position application, reducing the chances of omitting crucial information.
- Academic Professionals: Suitable for individuals looking to apply for professor roles, from assistant to full professor levels.
- Recent PhD Graduates: Perfect for those stepping into the academic world after completing their doctoral studies.
- Research Scholars: Beneficial for researchers looking to transition into full-time teaching or professor roles at universities.
- Adjunct Professors: Tailored for those aiming to secure a permanent position or move to a more prestigious institution.
Sample for Cover Letter for Professor Position
123 Evergreen Lane
Springfield, IL 62704
August 23, 2054
Dean of Biological Sciences
456 University Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27606
Dear Monica Langley,
I am writing to express my keen interest in the Assistant Professor of Biology position at Prestige University, as advertised on the Prestige University career portal. With my twelve years of experience in cellular biology and a proven record of groundbreaking research in cell mitosis, I believe I can contribute significantly to the academic and research missions of your esteemed institution.
A brief overview of my qualifications and contributions includes:
- Ph.D. in Biology from Elite Scholar University.
- Postdoctoral research on cellular structures at National Bio Institute.
- Over 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals, including top-tier publications such as “Advanced Biological Reviews.”
- Recipient of the Stellar Research Award for excellence in biological studies.
My teaching philosophy revolves around fostering an environment where students can freely explore their potential and instill a passion for biological sciences. At Starlight University, I:
- Developed and taught courses in Molecular Biology and Genetics.
- Mentored over 40 undergraduate and graduate students, guiding them towards successful thesis defenses and publication submissions.
- Introduced innovative teaching methods, including real-world lab simulations, enhancing student comprehension and engagement.
In terms of research:
- I led a team of seven researchers at Discovery Lab to pinpoint a breakthrough in gene sequencing.
- Secured $700,000 in funding from the National Science Foundation for research on cellular regeneration techniques.
- Collaborated with experts like Dr. David Schwimmer and Dr. Matt LeBlanc from TechGen University to establish synergies in interdisciplinary studies.
I am particularly excited about the advanced biotechnology lab at Prestige University and the opportunity to collaborate with the Genetics Department and researchers like Dr. Robert Wayne and Dr. Chandler. My expertise in molecular biology aligns seamlessly with the department’s goals, and I am eager to push the boundaries of academic and research visions at Prestige.
I have attached my curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a research statement, and the names and contact details of three references. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience and can be reached at (312) 123-4567 or [email protected]. Joining Prestige University and contributing to its legacy of academic brilliance would be an honor.
Thank you for considering my application. I eagerly await our potential collaboration.
Attachments: Curriculum Vitae, Statement of Teaching Philosophy, Research Statement, List of References.