Contents of the Template
This template includes:
- Header Information: Space for your organization’s name, logo, contact information, and date.
- Handler Information: A section dedicated to the handler’s full name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address.
- Service Dog Information: Detailed fields for the service dog’s name, breed, color, date of birth, and microchip ID.
- Training Information: Information about the dog’s training program, including duration, trainer name, and trainer contact details.
- Type of Assistance Provided: A section where you can describe the specific tasks that the service dog is trained to perform.
- Additional Comments: An optional section for any additional notes or clarifications.
- Certification: A section for the trainer’s signature, printed name, and organization stamp/seal, verifying the accuracy of the information.
- Contact Information for Verification: A section providing clear details for third parties to verify the information if necessary.
Why Use This Template
Benefits of using this template include:
- Clarity and Organization: This template is structured in a way that makes it easy to input and read information, avoiding any confusion for all parties involved.
- Professional Appearance: The organized and formal layout of this template conveys a sense of professionalism.
- Convenience: Available in Word and Google Docs, this template is easy to access, customize, and share.
- Legal Compliance: While designed to be adaptable, this template includes fields and sections that are commonly considered important, aiding in adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
This template is most useful:
- Service Dog Trainers and Organizations: To provide handlers with a formal document that verifies the training and functionality of a service dog.
- Service Dog Handlers: To have a standardized and professional document to present when necessary, which verifies the role and training of their service dog.
- Healthcare Professionals: To assist in the documentation process for patients who are prescribed a service dog for medical reasons.
- Housing and Travel Authorities: For providing a consistent and recognizable format that can be used when service dog handlers are applying for housing or travel accommodations.